Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Stuffed Steak

I found steak cut for roulades in the grocery store the other day. I love making rolled steak but really I had no idea what I was going to do with it when I picked it up. I had some asparagus and red bell pepper that were getting a little past their prime. I pulled out the steak, asparagus, and bell pepper.

I tried to think what would go with all of these things. I decided to make a mustard and horseradish marinade and roll up the vegetables. It turned out delicious. My husband raved over it. I knew then I had to quickly put down what I did with the marinade so I would not forget. I need to go back and pick up more of those roulades because I am not sure if it is something they will always have because I had never seen them before that day.




For the marinade:

2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons horseradish
Olive oil to thin
3 cloves minced garlic

Rub over the meat and let marinate for 1 to 2 hours.

Take the roulade and put two asparagus stalks cut in half, thin sliced red peppers, a thin slice of onion and a slice of fontina cheese. I skewered the rolls and grilled them about 10 minutes on each side.

They were so tender and the vegetables were crisp. The cheese melted and turned almost into a sauce inside the meat.

I can not wait to make this again but with different vegetables and a different marinade but I will also make it just like this again because it was so good.

No comments: