Thursday, May 8, 2008

Teach a man to fish, and you will have a great dinner

and a full freezer. My husband spent the last couple of days with an old friend from high school. They did a bit of river fishing. And catching. Catching quite a lot of fish, white perch to be exact. They caught 60 the first day and 16 the second. I'm glad they weren't able to find the same schools of fish they did the first day, I would have run out of freezer space. They are little guys so it will take a few to make a "mess of fish" for dinner. I pulled out my food saver and made three bags of 12 and three bags of 10. The remaining ones were tonight's dinner.

Another good thing about my husband catching the fish, he also has to clean and cook them. Ok, I help getting them ready but he likes them fried and likes to fry outside. Hot oil and a flame, and he's right there. He cleaned the fish and I rolled them flour and old bay seasoning. Then they were off to the fryer.



Frying away




When they start floating, they're done. Have your plate and homemade tartar sauce ready. Really isn't the only reason to eat fish is to have homemade tartar sauce? Yes that is what I think too.

1 comment:

Alicia Foodycat said...

Oh yum! Tasty little fishies! Is that just a little propane burner you cook them on outdoors?